lenskit - a command-line tool for LensKit
lenskit [OPTIONS] subcommand [arguments]
The LensKit command line tool provides several capabilities for examining, evaluating, and using LensKit recommender algorithms. It primarily operates on LensKit algorithm configurations and eval scripts written in the corresponding Groovy DSLs.
The various specific tools are exposed via subcommands, much like git(1) and similar tools. The subcommands are listed below (see Subcommands), and each is described in more detail in its own manual page.
- Print usage instructions.
- –log-file FILE
- Write logging output to FILE.
- -d, –debug
- Increase verbosity, printing debug messages to the console. By default, only messages at INFO and higher levels are logged. The log file, if specified, always receives debug-level output.
- Output INFO (or DEBUG, if –debug is also used) logging messages from Grapht. Grapht is pretty noisy, so by default its output is filtered to warnigns and errors. If you need to debug a problem that is occurring in Grapht, use this option.
Each command is documented in its own man page, lenskit-command(1).
- Print the LensKit version.
- Train a recommender model and save it to disk.
- Predict user ratings for items, using a configuration or a trained model.
- Recommend items for users, using a configuration or a trained model.
- Recommend items with respect to a set of reference items.
- Output a GraphViz diagram of a recommender configuration (either from configuration files or a trained model).
- Run a LensKit evaluation script.
- Pack rating data into a binary file for more efficient access.
Environment and System Properties
The LensKit CLI (or its launcher script) recognize the following environment variables:
- Additional flags to pass to the JVM (such as
-Xmx4gto set the memory limit).
- Where to find the Java Runtime Environment.
Also, the following Java system properties can be set for useful effects:
- The location of a Logback configuration file. This overrides all built-in or command line logging configuration.
- Common arguments: lenskit-input-data(7), lenskit-script-environment(7)
- Man pages for subcommands: lenskit-version(1), lenskit-train-model(1), lenskit-predict(1), lenskit-recommend(1), lenskit-global-recommend(1), lenskit-graph(1), lenskit-eval(1), lenskit-pack-ratings(1)
- The LensKit home page
- The LensKit manual
This command is a part of LensKit, an open source recommender systems toolkit developed by GroupLens Research. Copyright 2010-2014 Regents of the University of Minnesota and contributors.
Work on LensKit has been funded by the National Science Foundation under grants IIS 05-34939, 08-08692, 08-12148, and 10-17697.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.