Specifying input data for LensKit commands.
Several subcommands of lenskit(1) allow for input data to be specified. They all take the same options to control their input data, documented here.
Primary Input File
LensKit commands can read data in several different ways. To give the recommendation or model-building process some data to work with, one of the following mutually-exclusive options must be present:
- –ratings-file FILE
- Read ratings from the delimited text file FILE.
- –csv-file FILE
- Read ratings from the CSV file FILE. This is identical to passing
- –tsv-file FILE
- Read ratings from the tab-separated file FILE. This is identical
--delimiter=^I, but doesn’t require you to know how to encode tab characters in your shell.
- –events-file FILE
- Read events from the text file FILE. One event will be read per line, usually in a delimited column format such as a CSV or TSV file.
- –pack-file FILE
- Read ratings from the packed rating file FILE. Packed files can be
created with the
Supplementary Input Files
In addition to the rating or event data, you can also provide
- –item-names FILE
- Load an item ID to name mapping from the CSV file FILE. This will
be used to provide an
ItemDAO. It expects a CSV file where the first column is the item ID and the second column is the name. Standard CSV quoting is supported.
The options in this section provide additional control over the input.
Delimited Ratings and Event Files
These options control how events (
--events-file) or ratings
--ratings-file) are parsed.
- -d DELIM, –delimiter DELIM
- Use DELIM as the delimiter for delimited text files. Only
effective in conjunction with
--events-file; does not affect the parsing of
- -H N, –header-lines N
- Skip N header lines at the top of the event or ratings file.
- -t TYPE, –event-type TYPE
- When used with
--events-file, specifies the type of events that are being read from the file.
This command is a part of LensKit, an open source recommender systems toolkit developed by GroupLens Research. Copyright 2010-2014 Regents of the University of Minnesota and contributors.
Work on LensKit has been funded by the National Science Foundation under grants IIS 05-34939, 08-08692, 08-12148, and 10-17697.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.